Tales new and old from the research front:
- There remains some residual reaction to the virus after 12 years, suggesting survivors might have something like antibodies
- Are there forms of the virus that offer partial immunity (like cowpox vs smallpox?)
- Can animal tests be used for faster approval for human tests? (2009)
- Animal tests of something similar (2012) .
- One group claimed that ebola works so fast the immune system can’t always react in time (2003). I'm not sure that's quite the whole story.
- I get the sense this report was released a little early. It sounds like they weren't quite finished studying the protein, but since it is in the news...
I have a feeling we're going to discover more in a few months about immunity: do people who have recovered get the disease again?