Quite a few of these are consequences of some simple principles.
- You don’t know when you are going to die. What do you want her last memory of you to be? A kiss, maybe? Not being a slob or of angry words?
- She wants to feel she can trust you. Around other women, dealing with the children, etc.
- She likes to feel wanted. Though I’m given to understand that proving this can be overdone.
- Try to keep alert to what she needs. "But the game is on!" or "I’m posting on the blog" don’t quite cut it
- If you give up a sense of entitlement, everything is a gift. Best if both of you feel that way; something to figure out before you get married
For better or for worse, an adventure, with surprise traveling companions along the way.