Thursday, October 04, 2012

Letting campaigning pass by

Fortunately this isn't New Hampshire where one is obligated to meet a dozen presidential candidates every four years.

I was able to work from home, and am grateful for the opportunity. The traffic tie-ups when a president comes to town are miserable--not as disastrous as in L.A., but hard to avoid in a city caught between lakes.

The threatened rain never became a serious downpour, so the thousands that went to do darshan probably had their desire. I had to pick up YoungestSon from MATC, and saw state troopers blocking off access to the interstate as I drove by: we'd left just in time. 10 minutes more and the turn lanes would have been backed up half a mile and started blocking a lane in the construction zone. I guess they wanted the interstate empty for when AirForce 1 flew over it.

"Make way for your betters!"


No, I didn't watch the debate. I know only a little about Romney (not all good), but by now I know more than enough about Obama.

UPDATE: This morning I found out the SS was randomizing the route, and the motorcade took the Beltline to the Interstate. A long route, but I guess they like to change things up.

No comments: