Thursday, June 06, 2019

Qui bono?

Quite a few states are legalizing or looking at legalizing marijuana. From my vantage the process looks coordinated. Perhaps this is purely grass-roots (if you'll pardon the pun), but I suspect the lobbying groups' funding might bear inspection. Is this "big tobacco" or some other group?

Is it a coincidence that the CBD oil hype hit about the same time?


My take on legalization is that we have more than enough problems with alcohol abuse; we don't need a new crop of addicts--even if (as is loudly asserted) its addiction is less destructive than alcohol's.

2 comments:

The Mad Soprano said...

If you let the camel stick his nose in the tent, soon the whole camel will be in the tent. I think that in spite of the claims people make, legalization of pot is a bad idea.

Anonymous said...

Marijuana is largely harmless. I have been using it for over 50 years and I have no addictions at all.

I have grown and used my own stuff almost exclusively. I have bought very little and enjoy the growing process, both outdoors and indoors.

Alcohol is powerful and dangerous drug I have stooped using as the benefits are completely overwhelmed by the harm it causes. Its a poison and is converted into a seriously worse poison so the liver can deal with it. That is hard on the body and mind. Its also caused a huge amount harm throughout history.

Marijuana ... not so much. ;)