Monday, January 11, 2021

Quantum mechanics explained

Dr. Morales tries to explain quantum mechanices without math. This article--supposed to be the first of several--is about the basic experiments. I'll add more to this post as I find them.
(*)"This is basically just magic, isn’t it? I found this a very funny question. Then I started wondering how I could test whether science is magic? At least in popular culture magic is: arcane knowledge (✓) learned through many years of arduous study (✓) by pouring through old books filled with cryptic runes (✓) apprenticed to temperamental sages (✓) while living on scraps in a tower or dungeon (✓). And one must always be careful when performing major feats of magic/science, as the results are never quite what you hoped (✓). So I guess the answer is, experimentally at least, that yes it’s magic."

1 comment:

Assistant Village Idiot said...

I just started this and already like his voice. Just wanted you to know.