Thursday, April 14, 2022

Alternative interpretations

If I understand correctly, the historic consensus on Matthew 25:31-46 is that how we treat other people is going to be a critical factor in the last judgment. An alternative (though not contradictory) take is that this reflects the judgment of the heathens (who apparently haven't heard of this gospel before). But I'd never before heard that this was supposed to be specifically about how people treated the Jews at the end of the millennial reign.

I suppose it depends on what is uppermost in your mind right now: "What must I be doing?", "What about those who never heard?", and "Where are we in the countdown?"

(My take on prophecies is that, per John 14:29, we'll understand when it happens, and that exactly none of the many proposed schemes will have been correct.)

No comments: