Perhaps my eyes are just not what they used to be, but I can't tell exactly what went on. It doesn't help that a car moves across the field of view for part of the time.
Madison police do not wear body-cams(*)
Madison police have a reputation for being more community-sensitive and better trained than most. It could be true; I haven't had enough interactions with police here and there to have any basis of comparison.
I don't care to render a judgment myself; not right now. I do not see what the accusers profess to see. Nor do I see evidence of innocence. I see blurriness. And therefore I harbor deep suspicions of those who claimed perfect clarity from the very beginning of the reporting. It is possible for someone to have lied even when what he says eventually proves correct. Consider Joseph McCarthy.
And I wonder who is having AI generate video recreations of the incident right now.
(*) Former mayor Soglin, famously known as The Red Mayor, wrote this:
Why Madison Police do not have body cameras:Prior to 2016, real reason: cost of storage of data
Since 2017: stated reason, "Invasion of a citizens privacy."
Since 2017, real reasons:
1. It increases the city's liability not having information a body camera provides.
2. The police want it, therefore we say, "No."
No comments:
Post a Comment