Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Sunday Nite

Funny how fame goes. Sunday Nite was a Christian variety show, modeled loosely after Prairie Home Companion, created by Richard K. Allison. It ran for several years out of Minneapolis/St. Paul, and was broadcast nationwide. Their most famous drama team was The Refreshment Committee, who put together some really good sketches. (It since morphed into another name, TCS, and then maybe out of existence completely--hard to say). Google for Sunday Nite. Deja for it. Not much, is there? I guess their teams didn't include computer geeks who'd have documented it for the web, and after Richard died they went their separate ways with no great interest in recording what they used to do. I'll bet there's a lot of material available in St. Paul and at Bethany, but not that the rest of us can get at easily. So by the new standards, the show wasn't famous--or it would have had Google listings.

3 comments:

Roger Fleischer said...

Is there a way to get ANY recordings of "Sunday Night?" We were huge fans - it would mean a lot to my kids to re-live those wonderful evenings. Roger Fleischer - rdfleischer@gmail.com

Roger Fleischer said...

Is there a way to get ANY recordings of "Sunday Night?" Our family loved the program and would gladly pay to have any of the memories from those evenings.

james said...

I think Facebook has a few recordings. I tried to record a show for my sister once, and the result was less than satisfactory, to put it mildly. I could look around and see if I've got the tape still.