Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Blogger’s Psalm: 101

From BibleGateway, 1984 NIV:

I will sing of your love and justice; to you, O LORD, I will sing praise.

I will hunger to write of love and justice and praise.

I will be careful to lead a blameless life— when will you come to me? I will walk in my house with blameless heart.

We in the "pajamas legion" will be careful to be upright in our reporting, in our analysis, and in our comments.

I will set before my eyes no vile thing. The deeds of faithless men I hate; they will not cling to me.

Men of perverse heart shall be far from me; I will have nothing to do with evil.

We will not try to goose ratings with stories of horror or erotic pictures. Some things are too low to comment on, no matter how famous the perpetrator.

Whoever slanders his neighbor in secret, him will I put to silence; whoever has haughty eyes and a proud heart, him will I not endure.

Anonymous attacks are vile, and the know-it-all is a stench. The comment sections of many sites are too foul to look at.

My eyes will be on the faithful in the land, that they may dwell with me; he whose walk is blameless will minister to me.

I will seek out those I can learn from or rejoice with, and give full credit and honor to those who have enlightened me.

No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

I will not repeat or applaud the lies either of the great in the world or of the trolls in the net, even if they are political kin to me.

Every morning I will put to silence all the wicked in the land; I will cut off every evildoer from the city of the LORD.

In my daily work here I will tell the truth no matter how many or dear are the liars; taking the stand against evil and applauding the good. I will not be ashamed to take note of even the smallest graces God gives us, or of moments of goodness even in enemies.


It is not an exactly parallel interpretation, and so perhaps a little presumptuous, but ...

No comments: