Friday, April 13, 2018

Children at the museum

There were three youngsters at the Field Museum with us the other day. Funny how what interests adults doesn't always interest the younger folk. I thought everybody would get a kick out of the mummy exhibit. Not all. I thought the notion of a simple little barnacle gnawing a hole through stone would fascinate. If so, they hid it well. And I wanted to spend a little (lot) of browsing time with the Qing Ming Festival scroll.

Still, we had a good time.

I'll have to find the scroll online.

2 comments:

Assistant Village Idiot said...

What did they like? My experience is that animals and swords are about it.

james said...

The Field has a nice exhibit on small life underground (you are shrunk down and wander through textured halls with mites, fungus, earwigs, spiders). The Maori house they liked. Animals can be fun. And, I think, maybe seeing everything briefly.