Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Conjugations

Irregular verbs are the bane of language students, but the textbooks ignore some other important conjugations completely. Herewith some simple examples:

First personSecond personThird person
I am frugalYou are a penny pincherHe is a miser
I am adventurous in bedYou are kinky He is perverted
I am wittyYou are funnyHe is a joker
I am justYou are strictHe is harsh
I am empatheticYou are emotional He is gushy
I am apprehensiveYou are fearful He is a coward
I am eloquentYou are wordy He is bombastic
I enjoy lifeYou overindulge He is dissipated
I am flexibleYou are fickle He is unreliable
I am colorfulYou are salty He is coarse
I am unconvincedYou are doubting He is cynical
I am stableYou are prosaic He is boring
I am virtuousYou are ethical He is strait-laced
I am generousYou are lavish He is extravagant
I am nobleYou are dignified He is a snob
I am playfulYou are a trifler He is not serious
I am pertYou are flippant He is insolent
I am courageousYou are a daredevil He is reckless
I am authenticYou are transgressive He is hateful

No comments: