Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Obscure vanity

A Wisconsin plate read 84MUNU. This is what I thought of immediately, but I couldn't think of anybody involved then who was in Madison now.(*) Google didn't help a bit: perhaps it is from another language? Or perhaps someone misread the license application: someone I knew tried to put his name on the plate and an O was misread as a U. Obscure whichever way... Vanity plates are maximum 7-character tweets.

LVTHEM is easier to figure out. Or SUEM (in a law firm's parking lot).

(*)I was still in grad school; I joined later.

1 comment:

Assistant Village Idiot said...

NH used to be far and away the state with the highest percentage of vanity plates, so I grew up trying to guess them. I would guess something more pedestrian - that the couple graduated from two different universities in 1984