Thursday, January 09, 2014

Patron of bloggers

Elihu
I too will have my say; I too will tell what I know.

For I am full of words, and the spirit within me compels me;

inside I am like bottled-up wine, like new wineskins ready to burst.

I must speak and find relief; I must open my lips and reply.

Mea culpa

"The world deserves my insight, and I must out with it or bust." About 25 years ago I noticed how much of the Bible study I was in was "me talking." I had to make a conscious effort to shut up and not bring every discussion point to its maximum precision. I still have to make that effort.

Blogging, unfortunately, is not usually much of a conversation. The temptation to be the final word on subjects makes it even less of one. Linking feels derivative, but restating in your own words ... "Small wit is theirs, in shopworn phrases dressed, What oft was thought, and twice as well expressed."

No comments: