Monday, March 21, 2016

Technology that distances

If there were a human being on the other end of the phone, I might answer their canned questions, though generally I include plenty of caveats. If it were a human being standing in front of me, I might invite them in for a discussion.

But a robo-call that demands that I punch buttons to shoehorn my judgements for the convenience of their machinery? Forget it.

I've gotten 4 calls in the past 2 days, all wanting to know how I plan to vote. It probably doesn't help my attitude that I've been sick as a dog for the past 4, but I've a long-standing habit of hanging up on robo-calls.

2 comments:

Assistant Village Idiot said...

Hahahaha! We in NH laugh at you!

james said...

Yes, but at least the candidates actually show up in NH, don't they? Though I'd bet they don't go in for much actual discussion--or am I wrong again?

(Yeah, I gripe about the cold and my co-workers point out that I haven't been to the Pole yet...)