Monday, January 18, 2021

Wayback

I was checking some old posts to make sure I wasn't repeating myself, and grew annoyed at the number of broken links I found.

The Wayback Machine has gotten better at re-writing internal links. I'll see if, for links in future posts, I can find a Wayback link too. This probably won't work for this-very-morning links, but maybe after a few days I can revisit posts and update. If I remember.

I once thought of scripting a search for broken links, but sorting through blogger's internal web code is messy, and may not be robust against their changes.

Anyhow, as a demonstration: A vanished website a with couple of stories about Ranger training in Panama.

2 comments:

Assistant Village Idiot said...

When I go back and repost I find that many pictures and links are no longer good, so I redo them or ignore them. I never thought of using the wayback machine.

Assistant Village Idiot said...

Evidence, BTW, that the internet is not forever after all.