Friday, June 04, 2021

Electrification

This isn't the lesson I would have drawn from that passage, but....

The Liberian Baptist Theological Seminary celebrated a $30K electrification of the campus (solar powered--they can't rely on the grid). Dr. Momolu Massaquoi said

“in March of 2020, I was walking from my house during the night and the entire campus was very dark then I said to myself what can we do to have this place electrified so believing in our teamwork here, I knew that we can put light on this campus remembering Genesis 11 when the people decided to built the tower of Babel and the Lord himself saw the power oneness.”

Somebody needs to have a talk with the photographer about reflective safety vests.

There are still a few names I know...

UPDATE: Unknown found the video

3 comments:

Douglas2 said...

Perhaps its unfamiliarity with the dialect, but what I perceive as fractured sentences in both quotations and direct reporting makes me question whether the report gives a fair representation of Dr. Massaquoi's speech.

I'm not seeing any other reporting on the ceremony, although I did find a video that might be the same thing: (not that I've watched through to see if Dr Massaquoi speaks)

https://www.facebook.com/106492597548203/videos/321519416156679

Assistant Village Idiot said...

I certainly hope he is being misquoted.

james said...

I assume the reporter was writing in a hurry. Sometimes the meaning can be hard to parse out, but I haven't seen instances of serious misquoting. I think Dr Massaquoi really was taking inspiration from "nothing which they plan to do will be impossible for them"
I checked the video (thanks for finding that!), and yes, the reporter was sloppy, but that's what he meant. But he prefixed it with a prayer "God can you help us?"