Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Anniversary

Today's our anniversary.

Back in '74 a cohort of MK's were brought to Richmond for a get-together, survey, and trip to Colonial Williamsburg. One of the things the Board tried to do was make sure the missionaries didn't have to worry about their children, so they were checking up on how we were doing on our return to the States and giving us a little advice on integrating into US culture--all of which I quickly forgot.

The trip to Williamsburg was interesting and fun. I made the acquaintance of a very attractive young woman, and we toured together for the afternoon. No, I didn't see her again after that Saturday afternoon, and I don't remember her name, but "Come Saturday Morning" played in my head that day and for long afterwards.

I'd noticed for years that women could be fascinating, but it hadn't occurred to me until that afternoon that I could be fascinating in return.

It turns out fascination is just the start.

2 comments:

Assistant Village Idiot said...

I would have been nearby that day, within a mile. I would have given you terrible advice about women, so it's a good thing I wasn't there to help.

Jonathan said...

Happy anniversary.