Friday, December 08, 2023

When in trouble...

A poster quoted Robert Frost "the best way out is always through" (kind of a grim poem; never saw it before, and Frost isn't obviously endorsing the sentiment). I've heard "When you're walking through Hell, don't stop."

Sometimes. I think there's a time and place for repentence, though. I remember trying to follow directions after dark to a party outside Gex, and miscounting the number of exits a walled roundabout had. Ten minutes of following directions later I turned onto what surely was the driveway I sought, but eventually proved to be a cowpath--luckily not populated at the moment. I suppose I could have tried to "go through," but I think slowly exercising the reverse gear while trying to miss trees was the right choice. And then finding a random bar with lights on and asking for help in miserable French. pre cell-phone days..

No comments: