Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Illicit drug trade

I wonder what effect the social-distancing and shelter-in-place and what-not is having on the last link in the chain--consumer purchases.

I gather from SCC that social distancing is not a thing in the inner city. The street-corner deals there are presumably as brisk as ever, or, with the prisons being emptied, even busier.

And I presume that for addicts outside the inner city, getting supplied is a high enough priority that they are finding ways. Maybe the purely recreational users might be put off by elevated risks, but not the addicts.

But with less traffic, are deals more visible? Is the US Mail handling more of the deliveries?

3 comments:

Korora said...

Following the link I scrolled down, and am getting Jonathan Teatime vibes from this story.

DOuglas2 said...

Elsewhere I read that supply-chain disruptions have also interrupted the supply from China of precursor chemicals that are used in creating or processing many of the illegal drugs, so in addition to the effects of distancing and travel restrictions there also may be shortage and increased price:

https://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/2020/03/looks-like-rumor-mill-was-correct-about.html

Anonymous said...

Not a problem here. I will resupply today. ;) Its not really even illegal anymore here, for cannabis.

Its well over 50 years now, I seem to be fine. ;)