Does that last phrase seem out of place? We're told that everything is sustained by God. No act, good or bad, could exist without His power.
Sometimes, perhaps often, we have no idea of the magnitude of the executive order we've just signed God's name to.
One snowy day I decreed that I would stop in and have some ice cream on the last leg of my walk. And God ratified that – "Ice cream you shall have, and you also shall meet a fascinating woman in the shop." (46 years so far)
Sin is a little more like treachery, since not all our choices are so benign. We'll answer for every word, presumably for every action too. "What is this you have done with My power?" "Do I put AirTags on my brother?" didn't cut any ice the first time around.
16 years ago I wrote about part of this before; about God as the suffering servant.
No comments:
Post a Comment