Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Getting out

It's nice to get out of the house again. I've been recovering (self-quarantined for a few days until the test came back) and not up to driving about much.

The Post Office was open--the woman serving me noticed my glove and said "Oh yes, I need to do that," and pulled hers on.

I'm trying a little experiment. When I have to use touch-screens or buttons I wear a glove on the right hand and leave the left bare for jobs like fetching out debit cards or getting the car keys out--in other words the left hand touches my stuff and the right glove touches the public-facing stuff. And once the car door is open, the glove gets stripped off and dumped. It takes a little thought before acting.

Some stuff is a little ambiguous--e.g. the purchases. I figure a clean working area and cleanup of everything as it gets taken out is probably fine, and wash-up before putting the goods away.

For an amusing exercise, add a quart of oil to your car, and see how many places gather grubby marks. I'll bet you didn't remember touching that, did you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did an almost perfect small shop, a couple of days ago. Empty store, I don't go in ones with many people, Managed to get in without touching anything, got my 3 items, touched nothing else, and took them to a freshly wiped counter. Had my purchase totalled up and used my debit card to hover over the card machine, we have tap here, and took my 3 things and left, pushing the door open with a shoulder.

Its a game I play, but I am a 73 year old asthmatic. ;)