Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Status Updated

I've got a bad cold, and would be at home even without the telecommuting mandate. (I'm also the OOD this week.) However, my temperature is low--as usual: 98.6 is just a population average.

UPDATE: Oops. It seems that just as different medications can interact, so can different diseases. Bottom line: I spent quite a bit of time in ER and under observation, but the best the docs came up with is a two-fer combo deal. Though, out of an abundance of caution, I was also tested for COrVID-19(*) and must self-isolate for a few days until the results come back.

Strange to think that the most dangerous place I stayed was probably the isolation room at the hospital. Negative pressure sucks air into the room from the hall, and we know sick people go through there. Well, maybe the ambulance was risky too--traffic accidents are always possible.

(*)I'm sorry, but I always think of ravens when I see that term.

No comments: