Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Bout and Liberia

Viktor Bout has a little history with Liberia--he helped a great deal to make it the mess it is now; supplying several sides. I have a little list of villains in that war (including Gadaffi), and no earthly court will suffice to bring justice.

I don't know Griner from Adam's off ox, but ... We just visited Canada. It's a friendly country, and there's rarely any problem with travel--but every now and then they do random checks. So, just in case, we made sure there was no contraband produce, medications were in original bottles, etc. I've never met a customs agent with a sense of humor, and our schedule was a bit tight; I didn't care to spend extra time explaining. If I were going to Russia (or China) I'd travel as light as possible, and triple-check everything--and then ask again if I needed each peice.

Granted, the two criminals both were importing contraband, but the trade is incommensurate.

No comments: